This recipe is made for an 11 inch (28 cm tart pan).
1 medium head of broccoli (around 12 ounces or 350 g)
¾ cup (180 ml) of soy cooking cream
4 free-range eggs
7 ounces (200 g) of soft goat’s cheese
1 and ½ teaspoon of sea salt
¼ teaspoon of pepper
1 sheet of all-butter puff pastry
- Preheat the oven at 400°F (200°C).
- Par-boil the broccoli : Cut the florets, cut the stalk in half lengthwise, then into ½ inch (1.5 cm) pieces.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add the broccoli pieces and boil over a rolling simmer for 5 minutes or until the stalk pieces are tender at heart.
- Drain using a colander and set half of the florets aside. They will be used to garnish the quiche and add texture.
- Prepare the broccoli mousse filling: transfer the broccoli florets and broccoli stalk pieces to a food processor.
- Add the soy cooking cream, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Mix for 2 minutes, or until very smooth and frothy.
- Assemble the quiche: line an 11 inches (28 cm) tart pan with parchment paper, then place the all-butter puff pastry sheet.
- Pour the broccoli mousse filling in the tart pan.
- Delicately place the remaining broccoli florets on top of the broccoli mousse filling.
- Using your hand, tore the soft goat’s cheese into bite size pieces. Place the goat’s cheese piece on top of the broccoli mousse filling.
- The broccoli florets and goat’s cheese pieces will sink into the broccoli mousse filling. This is normal! Doing so instead of adding them to the broccoli mousse batter will prevent them from all sinking to the bottom.
- Make sure to mix the ingredients well for 2 minutes with a food processor or high power blender to obtain the fluffiest result for the broccoli mousse filling.
- Keep the oven temperature at 400°F (200°C) if using a ceramic tart pan. If using carbon steel tart pan, reduce the temperature to 350°F (180°C) as steel conducts the heat more effectively than ceramic.
- If using a 9 inch (23 cm) or 10 inch (25 cm) tart pan, you might end up having too much broccoli mousse batter. In this case, just pour the leftover batter into a greased ramekin and bake in the oven with the quiche until golden brown. Here you have it : an extra broccoli mousse!
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: French
- Diet: Vegetarian
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 209
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 790.1 mg
- Fat: 17.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.7 g
- Protein: 11.2 g
- Cholesterol: 161.3 mg
Keywords: French quiche, goat's cheese and broccoli quiche, brunch recipe