⅓ cup (80 ml) of extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons (45 ml) of white balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon of fresh rosemary (or ½ teaspoon of dried rosemary)
½ tablespoon of fresh oregano (or ½ teaspoon of dried oregano)
1 tablespoon of fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon of dried basil)
¼ teaspoon of flaky sea salt
¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
If using fresh herbs, chop them thinly.
- Remove the rosemary and oregano leaves from the stems and chop them.
- Stack the basil leaves and gently roll them together on a chopping board. With a sharp knife, thinly chop the rolled basil leaves. (See photos above in this post.)
Assemble the vinaigrette.
- In a jam jar (make sure it is not leaking to avoid splashing incidents!), add extra-virgin olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Shake well until emulsified. It’s ready!
- Enjoy with your favorite salads or greens (lettuce, arugula, baby spinach).
Bonus tip: this vinaigrette pairs particularly well with shaved Parmigiano Reggiano.
- This recipe is versatile and can be adapted with a variety of herbs: sage, thyme, or any herbs you prefer!
- I love making vinaigrette in a jam jar, as it is very convenient to both shake and store the vinaigrette. You can, however, also use a bowl and whisk the vinaigrette with a small whisk to emulsify. In this case, make sure to store it in the fridge covered with cling film.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Dressing
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 1.8 g
- Fat: 18.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.6 g
- Protein: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: white balsamic vinaigrette, white balsamic salad dressing