This post may contain affiliate links of products that I use and know. I will earn a small commission if you purchase through those links, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!
These crispy and flavourful potato wedges are super easy to make for a weeknight meal, as appetizers for a dinner party or just as a savory snack. Inspired by the Mediterranean flavors of dried oregano, smoked paprika and garlic, this recipe is always a crowd pleaser. I love making a quick yogurt, shallot, parsley and lemon dip. For wine lovers out there, I recommend an off-dry Pinot Gris wine. Pinot Gris from Alsace (a wine region located in eastern France), is particularly well suited for this recipe. Italian Pinot Grigio from Italy or Pinot Gris (Grauburgunder) from Germany will work very well too.
A few details about the recipe
These flavorful potato wedges are made with simple, pantry staple ingredients. Perfect for lazy evenings or just a light lunch. The homemade spice mix is made with traditional Mediterranean herbs and spices. It consists in mixing together dried oregano, garlic powder, smoked paprika, green pepper and sea salt. Nothing fancy, but boy!, is it delicious!
The process is quite simple and goes as follow : simply rinse good quality potatoes, cut them first in half, then lengthwise into wedges. Drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil on top, sprinkle the seasoning mix, toss everything together and line the wedges on a sheet pan or tray. A key step is to not overcrowd the sheet pan while baking the wedges. The wedges should be lined on a single layer on the sheet pan for the best result and maximum crunchiness.
And voilà! After 50 minutes in the oven, the wedges are ready!
Note : the potato wedges are plant-based and include no animal products. However, the dipping sauce is not. To make this recipe 100% plant-based, just replace the sheep’s milk Greek yogurt by unsweetened plant-based Greek yogurt!
What to serve these wedges with?
I love making these oven roasted wedges for a light lunch, and sometimes dunk them in this 5 Minute Homemade Lemon Chili Mayo. This is such a delicious combo! And of course, they are the best accompaniment for my flavorful Halloumi Burgers. You should definitely check these recipes out!
🍷Wine Pairing for Mediterranean Roasted Potato Wedges
This grape variety, also called Pinot Girgio in Italy, or Grauburgunder in Germany produces wines that are bold with flavours. They are usually display aromas of peach, apricot and smoky notes. In the French wine region of Alsace, the wines are usually made off-dry.
Their concentrated and complex flavours will bring out the paprika, garlic and oregano while bringing freshness and balance thanks to its beautiful acidity.
WINE APPELLATION SUGGESTIONS
Pinot Gris from Alsace, France
Pinot Grigio from Alto Adige, Italy
Grauburgunder (the German name for Pinot Gris) from Rheingau, Germany
The wedges can be kept for up to 3 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
Bake the leftovers in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for 10-15 minutes, or until heated.
Other delicious Snack recipes
Mediterranean Roasted Potato Wedges and Greek Yogurt Dip
These crispy and flavourful potato wedges are super easy to make for a weeknight meal, as appetizers for a dinner party or just as a savory snack. Inspired by the Mediterranean flavors of dried oregano, smoked paprika and garlic, this recipe is always a crowd pleaser. I love making a quick yogurt, shallot, parsley and lemon dip. To pair with an off-dry Pinot Gris wine!
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
For the wedges
35.2 ounces (1 kg) of potatoes
3 tablespoons (45 ml) of extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons (4 g) of paprika powder
2 teaspoons (4 g) of garlic powder
1 tablespoon (3 g) of dried oregano
½ teaspoon of green pepper
½ teaspoon of sea salt
For the yogurt dip
½ cup (150 g) of greek yogurt (either traditional sheep’s milk Greek yogurt or unsweetened plant-based Greek yogurt)
¼ of a medium shallot, thinly minced
3 tablespoons (10 g) of flat leaves parsley, thinly chopped
the zest of one lemon
¼ teaspoon of sea salt
⅛ teaspoon of freshly cracked pepper
Prepare the wedges:
- Preheat the oven at 410°F (210°C).
- Start by rinsing and cleaning the potatoes under cold water. Pat them dry with a kitchen cloth to remove the excess water.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the potatoes in half, lengthwise. Then cut some wedges around ½ inch (1 cm) thick.
- Transfer the wedges to a parchment lined oven tray (or a sheet pan), on a single layer.
- In a small bowl, mix together the paprika powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, freshly cracked pepper and sea salt.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil overtop of the wedges. Sprinkle the spice mix and toss well to coat every wedges.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes, until crispy. Stir the wedges half way through cooking.
Prepare the yogurt dip
- In a bowl, mix together greek yogurt, minced shallot, chopped parsley, lemon zest, sea salt and pepper until well combined. Store in the fridge until the wedges are ready.
- Enjoy with a glass of chilled Pinot Gris wine (from Alsace or Alto Adige if you can)!
- Lining the sheet pan with parchment paper prevent the wedges from sticking to the pan while baking.
- Lining the wedges on a single layer on the oven tray (or sheet pan) allows them to cook evenly and become crispy and golden. Try not to overcrowd the tray or use two trays if needed.
- For a crispier result, flip the wedges half way through baking to ensure they are evenly crisp.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 50
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 4.6 g
- Sodium: 492.1 mg
- Fat: 12.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.5 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 4.6 mg
Keywords: oven potato wedges, Mediterranean seasoning